Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ATM Fraud


Today started out as a good day, but by noon it was a nightmare. I had received a phone call from Bank of America that there was unusual active on my atm card. But the call was from an automated caller and they wanted to verify my social. Since there was no way to verify that it was truly BOA, Clay and I hurried off to the bank. It turns out there was a lot of active on the card. Here's the strange part, it was in Brazil. Not only that, they had a hard copy of my atm card. The lady in the fraud department said she had never see anything like it. Usually when the info is taken it is used electronically over the internet. Needless to say my account was closed and I'll get a new card in 7-10 business days.

1 comment:

Dane and Kayla said...

blah...that is no fun at all