Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Guess I'm Getting a New Toaster Oven

Last night I wanted to toast some coconut for a snack. I put it in the toaster oven with a timer on and went back to my computer to upload some more photos. Suddenly I heard a crackling sound in the kitchen so I went to go see what it was. The coconut had caught on fire. I quickly unplugged the toaster oven when the flames had already reached about 6 inches in height. I then opened the toaster oven, why I don't know. Opening the door caused the flames to ignite, now they where shooting out the front and back of the toaster oven and reached 18 inches catching my kitchen cabinets on fire. Staying eerily calm I went to the pantry and got the fire extinguisher, pulled the pin, then read the directions, and aimed. Went out like a charm. After I went and pulled the batteries out of the smoke detectors, which woke Liam up, open all the windows to a balmy 55, and as the shock wore off the panic kicked in while I called Clay.
It took 3hrs last night to clean up after using the fire extinguisher. Then today 1hr to sand my cabinets down and 1hr to repaint them. As for the toaster oven it is melted, charred, and in the trash.

No comments: