Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

38 week checkup

Today was my 38 week checkup for baby duo. My weight was at 19o again this week but my blood pressure was definitely elevated to 124/84. I also had protein in my urine this week. Because of these two things, the doctor was concerned I was starting to develop preeclampsia. She asked if I was showing any other symptoms that may be of concern and not to hesitate to call if there are any changes. She also didn't want to wait another week to see me, she would like to see me earlier in the week. Because I didn't develop preeclampsia last pregnancy (and I think because I had Liam) she didn't send me to the hospital.

Other notables of my appointment was that I tested positive for my strep b test, which surprised me since I was negative with Liam. I also have dilated to 1cm and am 50% effaced. My contractions are still maintaining at 1o min. Hmmmm......not much longer.

No comments: