Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

39 week checkup


Today was my 39th week checkup. When I first got to the office my blood pressure was very high, so Dr Zylman said that after my examine that if its still that high, I would need to go to the hospital. We then talked about the 3 separate rounds of contractions that I have been having, so she was very curious of how far along I was. As she went to check baby gil's heart beat I had another contraction. She laughed and told me that she believed me and that I didn't need to show her. She couldn't believe how long it was. "No wonder why you're so tired." But when she did the examine I was still only 1.5cm and 50%. She then got this crazy look in her eyes and decided to strip my membranes. She proceeded to tell me that she wouldn't be surprise if I were to go into labor tonight now. Afterwards they rechecked my bp and it was still high but I didn't need to go to the hospital but if I have any symptoms of high bp I need to go in right away. My next appt is Monday, and if I still haven't had the baby they will schedule my induction then.

5 comments:

Susie McCormick said...

Not fair! This doctor is screwing with my ETA which is May 6th!!!

Amy Hudkins said...

Hey Kelly!
Remember the day to have the baby is April 30th- I am sooo close to guessing the right day! You can go into labor tonight but the baby has to come out after midnight:-)
love ya girl & we are praying for you!
amy

Mo Anderson said...

I will go before you Susie - I have May 4th. Aunt Mo

Mo Anderson said...

But I am before you Susie - May 4th will be the day! Aunt Mo

Susie McCormick said...

Come on Kelly.. Hold those knees together for 6 more days!!! Mo, watch it happen may 5, right beween us both..