Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

6mth Checkup

I had my 6mth checkup today. Liam and I had to wait 50min before we got called back. But LJ did so good. I think he is getting used to going and waiting for doctors at this point. I now weigh 173lbs, thanks to a holiday weekend, and Liam was 30lbs even. My blood pressure was great at 102/60, which according to the chart that is what children and athletes are normally at.

My UA was off. The doctor said my levels were low. I knew that it would be, it was so hot this weekend and I know I didn't drink enough water. It should bounce back in a day or two. However, the baby's heart rate looks good. He kept kicking the doppler off my belly, which was making the OB laugh (she was just about to ask me about movement). Liam on the other hand was mimicking the doppler sound and saying baby, yeah, baby, and of course telling the doctor about the rocket and his "are-knot".

I did tell doctor that I was having some anxiety due to my friend that died two weeks ago during an emergency c-section. I made her cry but she reassured me by telling me that most complications are with 1st time moms. She also said that she only knows of one death since 1990 and that mom was over 40. My next appt is the 1hr glucose screening in July.

No comments: