Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

4mth checkup


Today was Liam's 4mth checkup. I went to the office to find out that they had moved since his last visit. So I quickly called Clay and he gave me the new directions to the doctors office. Apparently I'm the second mom that didn't receive a notice about the move. Needless to say, I was late. As for his appt., Liam is now 26in and 14.5 lbs. He is in the 88% for length and 40% for his weight. Basically, he will always be long and skinny like his daddy.
Liam can now start cereals as well as fruits and veggies, one new food per week. She said do two meals a day, a cereal with a fruit or veggie, since he's such a healthy eater. She would like all veggies first since fruits are sweeter and easier to get babies to eat. She gave me a handout for when to start what, such as meats or food with iron. Also if the rice makes him gassy or stops him up to give him 1oz of prune juice with 1oz of water. I told her I wanted to make my own veggies and fruits. So she told be to use the frozen since there's less sodium and that I should mix in some formula to thin it out some.
As for his fussiness....it's because he's a boy. She said he's just getting mad. Liam wants to get up and go but his body can't yet, so he's getting bored and frustrated. After he starts crawling he should be his normal content self again. He is also starting to cut his bottom two teeth. Dr Lockhart says it could be a week or several weeks it just depends. And then there was two shots and one oral vaccine. I think that's everything.