Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Croup

Yesterday Liam developed an awful cough. It sounded like he was gasping for air. Last night he woke up in the middle of the night and it sounded like he was having an asthma attack. So of course we went to the pediatrician this morning. Turns out he has Croup. He'll be on a steroids for the next two days to help with the breathing and he needs to sleep with a humidifier on. Luckily last night I got his breathing on film so Dr. Lockhart could hear it so it didn't get misdiagnosed, which is common. In fact, Liam's Uncle was misdiagnosed once and ended up in the ER. When we got home, I called all the moms that were at Penelope's Birthday Party to give them a heads up, since I don't know when he caught it. Man, I'm glad I'm a stay home mom. Babies get sick a lot.

No comments: