Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Our Relaxing Weekend

Our goal this weekend was to not have any plans so we could relax. Ha! I don't think the calendar got the memo. On Friday, during Liam's nap, he decided it was a good idea to eat a Nerf ball. He proceeded to puke then move his bed across the room to "cover" it up. I think he was afraid he was going to get in trouble. Basically lots of extra laundry and cleaning for me.

On Saturday, when Liam finally went down for his nap, I had plans to work with a design client for a hour or so. Nope. 6hrs later we had a truck full of furniture that I wasn't allowed to lift. Clay came over and helped us with the install. After the furniture was in the guys hung out downstairs with Liam, while I was upstairs arranging all of our new goodies. Around 10:30 Clay and I headed back home, (the room looks great by the way), to a broken AC unit. Needless to say we didn't sleep much.

On Sunday, Liam and I went to church and Clay started to work on the AC before it got miserable outside. Unfortunately there wasn't any obvious problems so he had to start calling around for a tech to come out. Kayla had called to say that I could lay Liam down at their house so that at least he would get a good nap in (THANK YOU). Liam and I went over around 11:30 while Clay stayed behind waiting on a tech. After Liam went down for his nap, I ran out and got Clay lunch and some much needed Gatorade. Finally at 3:00pm I had Clay put a sign on the door and we went over to Kayla's and Dane's house. We had already made plans with them on Friday to come over, we just ended up there much earlier than we thought. We had lost all hope that the tech was even coming when Clay finally got a call at 7:3o pm. What a long weekend.

No comments: