Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

6mth checkup

Liam had his 6mth checkup today. He now is 17lbs which puts him in the 45% for his weight. However, his length of 27.5 puts him in the 90%. Finally his head was 16.5 which is the 25% for a 6.5mth old. He also meet all his milestones which include sitting up without support, mamas or daddas,as well as babbling, moving an object from one hand to the next, and laughing at peek-a-boo. He is also ahead of the curve with his pincher reflex. Dr. Lockhart said I can give him Cheerios or Gerber Puffs to practice.

Now that Liam is older we can add juice to his diet. Dr Lockhart says no more than 2x a week and she likes pear or grape juice for infants. I don't plan on giving him juice or if I do it will be very watered down. I've been putting water in his sippy cup. His doctor loves that. She would much later have him drink water and milk vs juice. I also asked about our water filter. She said that the filter will not take out the fluoride in the tap water unless its a reverse osmosis filter. And speaking of fluoride, Dr Lockhart said his bottom tooth should break through by Friday.

Other things we talked about were lowering the crib since he can sit up, which I already did. As well as using only thin blankets or sac pjs for the winter mths, and changing car seats. He also received three shots. He got his DTaP, Hib, and his flu shot. He needs to go back for his flu booster and his H1N1 in a mth. I think thats everything.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like reading your blog not only for your family update...but it also give me great review on peds health information!